Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Lusciously comforting gnocchi in a rich cream sauce elevated by fragrant Istrian truffles. Makes the perfect side for roast pork loin or beef tagliata for carnivores, or can be served with a side salad for vegetarians.
- 500g gnocchi (store bought is OK, we don't judge)
- 60g finely grated cheese (Istrian goat is best, Parmesan will do in a pinch)
- 30g butter
- 250ml fresh cream
- 2 shallots
- 50g fresh summer truffle or 90g Tartufata
- Melt the butter in a frying pan
- Brown the shallots for a few minutes
- Add the cream, cheese and grate 10g of fresh truffle into the mix
- Mix well until you get a nicely combined sauce
- Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until they rise to the surface, usually about 2 minutes
- Drain the gnocchi and toss in the creamy cheese sauce, add a ladle of gnocchi cooking water if sauce too thick
- Shave the rest of your truffle over the gnocchi and enjoy!